Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wire



Wires have never let me down when I am looking for a way to spend some time. Everything from shaping some kind of art, to tuning a strand to resonate at the proper frequency, wire and I are old pals. Lately the two of us have been plotting to build a radio receiver that will listen to the 80 meter and 40 meter amateur bands. Pouring over the plans that we found on the internet, wire offered little help as it sat impatiently on my desk. I explained to wire that we had to wait for all the other components to arrive. But the urge to start with out the rest was still there. Besides, I found some flaws in the design we are following and it will take me some time to correct them. We need to be careful which parts we invite to our little party.

Once the radio is finished I will have a new way to spend my time… Listening to Morse Code from around the world. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your piece about wire. It sounds like quite a character, just hope he is not crooked. Y